- You must wear your membership badges at all times to be admitted to any convention function.
- Possession of alcoholic beverages by anyone under 21 years of age is grounds for expulsion from the convention without refund.
- Please keep all behavior that polite fans would find offensive in public in your hotel room.
- AnachroCon, LLC is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of the convention.
- Announced events and guests are subject to change and/or cancellation without notice.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your membership money if you are behaving in an uncivilized manner.
- No horseplay in the common areas.
- Please do not abuse the hotel facilities or staff.
- While we encourage creative and historically accurate costuming, please remember that there are public nudity laws in Georgia. Please wear appropriate clothing in the common areas.
- All unauthorized weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times.
- Any firearms or antique firearms used in costuming must have the firing mechanisms disabled, bolt, flint, match or firing pin removed or have the trigger restrained by a member of our security staff.
- Antique weapons or weapons authorized by the convention for display or demonstration purposes are exempt from the weapons policy (documentation of authorization from the Chairman is required).
The Alliance of Alternate History Conventions
Over the last five years the Steampunk/Alternate History Community has grown by leaps and bounds through social media, publishing, film, art, conventions, and many more diverse avenues. Even as success draws it into the mainstream popularity, what remains vibrant and unique about the community is that it is an open source fandom; no one entity owns the genre; we all do.
This shared ownership naturally brings with it a varied spectrum of ideas, definitions, practices, influence, and responsibility. Everyone has a say in what our fandom can be, but inevitably there are some who through their work and prominence in the Community bear more influence on the movement, and with this comes a greater responsibility and commitment. Frequently these esteemed people will be featured guests at events and conventions, sharing their experiences and knowledge with the wider community; it is a wonderful thing to see individuals and groups who genuinely care about the movement using their talents and skills to build up others and promote the culture.
It is, however, unfortunate that there are some prominent individuals who have and will use their influence and positions of power in negative fashions to promote their own agenda at the expense of others. Abuse of power to censor others or threaten them creates a toxic environment that works counterintuitively to all that makes our community great. Recently there has been an increase in these negative behaviors that have prompted many Steampunk and Alternative History Convention organizers to confer and agree to take a form of action on the topic.
AnachroCon, along with other conventions, have reached consensus that individuals or groups who display destructive behaviors and negative actions towards the works, careers, and reputations of others in our will not be invited to participate as guests, speakers, panelists, or hosts of any talks or lectures at their events. The undersigned Convention organizers are unified in disassociating themselves from anyone whom they consider harmful to the spirit and culture of this fandom.
Civility, honor, and integrity are some of the highest held values in our community and the organizers of the undersigned Conventions encourage the continued practice of these values, especially in those who bear positions of responsibility. The goal of the undersigned Conventions is to maintain a safe, fun, and nurturing environment for fans of Steampunk and Alternate History; let’s enjoy this wonderful thing that we share.